Phase 2 portion size -App

Home Forums Fast Metabolism Diet App Phase 2 portion size -App

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Court, site admin 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

runngwild

So confused. Ipad app says 4oz of protein for snack on phase 2. The weight I want to lose is 15 lbs. So is this wrong? If so, is there anything else wrong in the app?

LauraT

The app is wrong and they are working on a fix. You should have 2oz for your snack.

Dietcoach

It would be great if the app gave a macro nutrient breakdown showing Protein, Carbs, Fats, Calories as well as percent breakdown for each day. Many athletes require more protein and calories than the average person and I see no way to change the serving size other than to put in a fake starting weight or weight loss goal. Even a 320 pound man is only getting 4-1/2 egg whites for breakfast which is only 72 calories on phase 2. The calories do seem to come out extremely low for what is required for muscular individuals with high RMR. I am guessing that some folks will be leaving the breakfast table still hungry in phase 2 for sure. Maybe a way to add additional or supplemental food to the days plan would be in order. Like optional food add in. The other option would be to find out the RMR and have the software portion out enough food to satisfy that requirement or at lease get near it. Once fat is on the move however, even the low calories should be sufficient as energy from released fat becomes available as fuel. This could be exactly what Haylie is figuring in to her plan. Calories are not everything. Open fat stores are loaded with up to 4000 calories a day available.

Jennifer

Where in the book does it say the portion size for the snack is half that portion sizes listed? I can’t find it. The app has snack and meal portion sizes the same for all phases.

dlmoore1959

I’m really frustrated. I just spend the past 2 days eating 6 OZ of animal protein for breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner. And during one of my P1 days I was told by my iphone app to eat 9 OZ of tuna for lunch with 1 1/2 cups of wild rice. I could barely choke it down. I’m afraid to use my app, and lent my book to a friend so now I have no reference and am getting ready for P3 tomorrow. That means buying another book tonight to get ready. Can I trust the book???

roxy4fun

Actually the book is wrong on portion size as well. I discovered this and posted on facebook. I was told from the Haley Pomeroy facebook that the portion should be no more than double for those of us wanted to lose 40 lb or more. I did not realize about the portion error on the app either. After losing 5lb, i gained 7/10 of a pound. This is after I was told no more than double of portion. The size of the portions are not easily found. Currently, I will start phase III tomorrow and I would like to know how much a nut portion should be? Since we sign up with our email it would be good to be emailed corrections for the book and the app.

Jennifer

I thought the book DID say no more than double somewhere, although I could be wrong. My question above (I know two people asked about portion size) was where in the book is says the snack if half the meal portion. I had not read that and looked for it. Someone said the app is wrong on this but if the book and app are wrong, how has it been working for so many people? I did report NO weight loss but now FINALLY on W3/D5 I weighed one pound less (160). Seemed I had lost some belly fat but no weight so hoping this is the beginning of some pounds lost!

hpycappy

The portion sizes are on pages 103-106. It says that if you have 20 pounds or less to lose use the basic portions she has listed. For 30 to 40 pounds add additional half of the serving. For 50 to 60 pounds double the serving.

Dietcoach love your advice. I have signed on to “Sparks People” to Track my Foods. It gives a complete nutritional breakdown of the foods so you can see the actual calorie count for each phase. You can also print out/download a Report (either Daily/weekly It exports to Excel. I just startd this week and found it most helpful, maybe you can use for your clients. http://www.sparkpeople.com/..I think they also have an “app” that you can download from their website which syncs with your online account.

Lynn

Believe there is a post on snack portion size on her Blog – check it out ….

Lynn

Hmmm, now I’m confused – friend downloaded app on her iPhone and she has about 55 pounds to lose and her portion size appears to be same as mine and my goal is to lose less than 20 pounds ????

@Lynn-
    Please make sure the weight on the My Day screen is your (or your friends) current weight. And also keep in mind that the start weight on your profile page is where the pounds to lose is calculated by.

Globalgal19

I need to lose 60 lbs and find that the App tell me to eat 1 1/2 size portions, of fruit for example, it say eat 1 and 1/2 apples. I have been doubling portions sizes. BUT made the Chicken and Barley Soup, which was very good but it said a portion is 3 cups! I was actually uncomfortably full after eating 6 CUPS.

@Globalgal19-

Sorry for the confusion. If you want to lose over 20 pounds, portion size increases 1.5x. So even if trying to lose 60 pounds, portion sizes only go up 1.5x.
    This is true for individual foods and for recipes. So with the Chicken and Barley Soup, that would mean 4.5 cups (3 cups x 1.5).

Globalgal19

Thanks Court. That is actually a big relief! However, does this mean the info in the book (I have 1st edition) is incorrect? See pages 104-105.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.