Butter alternative

Home Forums General FMD Forum Butter alternative

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Leida 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gnaeyaert

Is the “Melt” organic butter alternative acceptable on the FMD?!

http://www.meltbutteryspread.com

Epie

Here are the oils they use, as listed on their website:

virgin coconut, palm fruit, flaxseed, sunflower and canola

Palm fruit, sunflower, and canola aren’t listed on FMD, so I don’t think it’s okay, unfortunately.

What I would suggest for p3 instead of the melt spread:

toast – raw nut butters
    saut̩ing Рcoconut or olive oil
    salad dressing – safflower oil
    mayo/sandwichey goodness – safflower oil mayo: http://www.food.com/recipe/olive-oil-safflower-oil-mayonnaise-mayo-423640 for recipe that could work for FMD, but that’s a lot of mayo to use in 10 days.

Leida

If you are looking for something to spread on a cracker or dress a salad, mushed avocado with a bit of salt or optionally lime or lemon juice is very good. Sesame oil is great too, if you add it after cooking to dress a stir-fry or in a salad dressing (I can feed absolutely anything to my hubby if it is dressed with sesame oil).

I make mayo with light olive oil in a Magic Bullet (super-easy).

For cooking I use home-made lard/drippings etc and coconut oil.

Ghee is not on the list, but honestly, it is pure fat, and is acceptable even on the most restrictive plans that otherwise eliminate dairy, so I would try that and see if it impacted weight loss.

mnbrogers

It’s possible ghee isn’t on the list because it requires heat to get the final product? Most coconut oils & olive oils on the market are cold pressed & require little to no heat thus keeping the balance of the food in tact. That is one reason she prefers raw nut butters over roasted nut butters – molecular changes once food is heated.

Leida

I do not know. But since there is no background given, we can only guess and/or self-experiment. At least if you are not losing weight, that will give you a simple answer what to eliminate. And if you are losing weight, then you know you can use it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.